Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.
Witch Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet potato brownies

2 posters

Go down

Sweet potato brownies Empty Sweet potato brownies

Post  Errata Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:11 am

Sweet potato brownies

Ingredients

100 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
200 g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
200 g baked sweet potatoes, flesh scooped out
125 g dark brown sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
100 g plain flour
25 g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
100 g plain chocolate chips

Method
1. Preheat heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line an 18cm square baking tin (or similar) with greasproof paper.

2. Put the chocolate and butter together in a pan over a medium heat, and stir until both have melted. In a bowl, beat the sweet potato flesh with the brown sugar until almost smooth, then mix in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.

3. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until thick, then stir in the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Fold in the chocolate drops. Pour the mixture into the tin, smooth the top and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the brownie is barely cooked but still a bit soft under the crust. It will firm up once cooled!

4. Leave to cool completely in the tin before slicing into small squares

Currently in the oven baking. Smells divine and the bowl tasted nice too.

Errata
Errata
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Sweet potato brownies Empty Re: Sweet potato brownies

Post  Ju-Ju Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:54 am

I don't thik I am convinced by adding sweet potatoe to a chocolate dish. It sounds gross, similiar to my reaction on adding zuchini to cakes. No but will try it as I have just brought some sweet potatoes as AG's got a thing for them.

Ju-Ju
Admin

https://witchsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down