Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.
Witch Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salted caramel, walnut and chocolate brownies

3 posters

Go down

Salted caramel, walnut and chocolate brownies Empty Salted caramel, walnut and chocolate brownies

Post  Errata Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Salted caramel, walnut and chocolate brownies

Ingredients
300 g butter
260 g brown sugar
4 eggs
130 g plain flour, sifted
130 g cocoa powder, sifted
100 g walnuts, roughly chopped
24 caramelsweets, unwrapped and roughly chopped

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 170c. Lightly grease and line a 30cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.

2. With an electric mixer beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Now add the eggs one at a time and mix in well for another minute. On low speed, mix through the cocoa powder and flour. Add the chopped caramels and walnuts and stir through evenly.

3. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and sprinkle with the salt. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before turning out and cutting into squares. Dust with cocoa if you wish. Best eaten warm.

Got the thumbs up from my lot. They wolfed them down as soon as I put them on the cooling rack. All I got was a crumb Sad .
Errata
Errata
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Salted caramel, walnut and chocolate brownies Empty Re: Salted caramel, walnut and chocolate brownies

Post  Ju-Ju Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 am

Pecans or brazil nuts I feel would also work with this. I am not a fan of walnuts, fresh yes. In plastic bags no. Always leaves me with a bitter after taste. For a touch of luxery, macadamia's or pistachio's might also work.

Ju-Ju
Admin

https://witchsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Salted caramel, walnut and chocolate brownies Empty Re: Salted caramel, walnut and chocolate brownies

Post  Mileeba Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 am

These are my all time fave treats. I try to buy them from the cafe round the corner from us. Seems everybody likes them and they are often gone already by the time I get there. Will now have a go at making them.

Mileeba
Toasting Nicely
Toasting Nicely

Back to top Go down

Post  Errata Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 am

Didn't think of using pecans. Will next time when its just me scoffing them. lol!
Errata
Errata
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down