Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.
Witch Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caramel ripple brownies

2 posters

Go down

Caramel ripple brownies Empty Caramel ripple brownies

Post  Errata Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:43 pm

Caramel ripple brownies

Ingredients
100 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken into pieces
100 g unsaltedbutter
2 eggs, beaten
150 g lightlightmuscovado sugar
50 g plain flour

For the caramel ripple:
200 g cream cheese
50 g dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
few drops of vanilla extract
1 egg

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.

2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, stirring now and then.

3. To make the caramel ripple, combine the cream cheese, dark muscovado sugar, vanilla extract and egg in a bowl and mix well until evenly blended. Set aside.

4. Stir the beaten eggs and light muscavado sugar into the melted chocolate mixture, then sift over the flour and gently fold in.

5. Spoon half the chocolate mixture into a 20cm square shallow cake tin, lined with silicone paper, then alternately dollop teaspoonfuls of the caramel mixture and the remaining chocolate mixture on top. Using a chopstick or skewer, lightly ripple together to create a marbled top.

6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until just set. Leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before cutting into squares. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

I know I've had a thing going for brownies.Been baking for a firend who is doing a tea and cake fund raiser for breast cancer. She does the Tea and I do the cakes and probably several bladder empty trips too . lol!
Errata
Errata
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Caramel ripple brownies Empty Re: Caramel ripple brownies

Post  Ju-Ju Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:03 am

Interesting version. Might be a good way to hide my caramel sweets. Seems the mice round here eat them, throw the wrappers in the vbin but leave the empty packet in its hiding place.

Good idea for these kinds of event, Traybakes easy to hand around with a brew, than the big cakes.

Ju-Ju
Admin

https://witchsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down