Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.
Witch Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackberry Brandy Recipe

Go down

Blackberry Brandy Recipe Empty Blackberry Brandy Recipe

Post  Errata Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:03 am

Quantities need not be exact:

You need a large glass jar so that there is shaking room. I use cleaned jars that picking vinegar comes in so have given quantities for two of these– they hold just over a litre)

3 cups of blackberries, either freshly picked or frozen — no need to thaw
500 ml vodka – supermarket's own is fine
500ml brandy – I use spanish brandy but any is OK
12 oz sugar (about 500ml mark on the measuring jug)
Some years I add a few whole cloves, or some shaved lemon peel, but usually it is plain (like this year!)

Put roughly equal quantities of the sugar and black berries into the jars, pour in 250 ml each of vodka and brandy, screw on the lid tightly and shake hard to mix up ingredients.

Keep in the dark spot and remember to shake once a week for ten weeks.

Strain through a sieve lined with muslin, and pour into the bottles (then label) you want it to be in — 500 ml bottles are quite good and I save anything I like the look of during the year. Remember you will need to seal it so screw tops ones are best.
Errata
Errata
Cookie

Back to top Go down