Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Witch Soup
Welcome To Witch Soup

To particiate fully in the forum, you must be a registered member.

Please come and join us, by registering an account. If there are any problems you can contact the Admin in the 'guest' section where we will try to help you.

Us here at Witch Soup would like to say "Thanks" for popping by. We hope to see you back soon.
Witch Soup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Baguettes- start in bread machine, finish in oven

3 posters

Go down

French Baguettes- start in bread machine, finish in oven Empty French Baguettes- start in bread machine, finish in oven

Post  Errata Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:58 am

French Baguettes- start in bread machine, finish in oven

Ingredients
Serves: 12
225ml (8 fl oz) water
350g (12 oz) bread flour
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons quick yeast
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon water

Preparation method
Prep: 1 hour 30 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1.Place water, flour, sugar, salt and yeast into bread machine loaf pan in the order recommended by manufacturer. Select Dough cycle, and press Start.

2.When the cycle has completed, place dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover, and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until doubled in bulk. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.

3.Punch down dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 40x30cm rectangle. Cut dough in half, creating two 20x30cm rectangles. Roll up each half of dough tightly, beginning at shorter side, pounding out any air bubbles as you go. Roll gently back and forth to taper end. Place 8cm apart on a greased baking tray. Make deep diagonal slashes across loaves every 4cm, or make one lengthwise slash on each loaf. Cover, and let rise in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.

4.Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Mix egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water; brush over tops of loaves.

5.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Errata
Errata
Cookie

Back to top Go down

French Baguettes- start in bread machine, finish in oven Empty Re: French Baguettes- start in bread machine, finish in oven

Post  Mileeba Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 am

I do have a weakness for french bread. Something terribly yummy and irrisable about moreish french bread. I might have a go at this. Never done bread making so will be intetesting watching the bf Laughing having ago.

Mileeba
Toasting Nicely
Toasting Nicely

Back to top Go down

French Baguettes- start in bread machine, finish in oven Empty Re: French Baguettes- start in bread machine, finish in oven

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:38 am

Mileeba wrote:I do have a weakness for french bread. Something terribly yummy and irrisable about moreish french bread. I might have a go at this. Never done bread making so will be intetesting watching the bf Laughing having ago.
Me three. French bread mmmm!

Back to top Go down

Post  Satrina Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:12 am

The Frenchs bread and pastires should come with warnings that they are much too tasty. I visit Paris, I not like city muchs. It not sit right with me I uncomfortable in its present. I love the food and care the Frenchs have.
Satrina
Satrina
Toasting Nicely
Toasting Nicely

Birthday : 1976-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down